Sunday, September 6, 2009

More Reece Humor

OK, OK, I do have to share this ONE story, before I log off for now...

Last Friday, I went to pick the kids up from school. As we were walking to the car, Reece pulled out a toy cell phone he'd snuck into his book bag, and started to "take a call."
He looked at the screen.
"It's my girlfriend," he sighed, slightly annoyed.
He flipped open the phone with mastery level flipping skills, to answer this pestering call from his imaginary girlfriend. The following is what I hear:
"Yeah, hi, babe. How are you?"
Pause.
"Mmm. OK."
Pause.
"Yeah. Love you, too. See you later."
Snap.
Call ended.
[sigh] "She just bugs me."

Now I've gotten pretty good, I think, at stifling laughter in certain occasions, to avoid angering, embarrassing or irritating my children.
But there are times... when it is nearly impossible... not to bust right out... in side-clutching hilarity.
This episode was most certainly one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment