Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Well, it's a new post, anyway...

I was told it is time to post something new, and I agree.
I don't have a lot to share that's print-worthy. I can tell you Galen is handling the transition to the "new" office well (typical). Ask him how it's going, and he shrugs noncommittally. "It is what it is," he says. He has a new idea for a career path that's got him kind of revved up, and I'm more glad to see that spark in him again, than anything else.
I have been keeping an eye on the job market for the past eight months, looking for an opening in some part-time position. The scare with Galen's job earlier this month has only increased the thoughts that perhaps it's time for Blakely to go back to full-time work sooner than originally planned. We'd hoped to wait until the youngest child went to kindergarten, that's always been our ideal scenario. Even a month ago I was thinking to myself we just might be able to make that goal happen.
[snicker] Ah, well...
Once upon a time I learned the hard way that my plans for my life are decidedly different than God's plans, to the point where He brought me to my knees and turned my whole world upside-down to make His point. And I'm certainly finding that out all over again now, only in a bit more subdued way, praise be. So, I'm handing it back over to Him, and re-learning what it tastes like to swallow my pride. Again.
But that's a separate post... :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for a job well suited to your talents and your family's needs...keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete