Monday, February 23, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do, Part 7639

Just another example of "I didn't even realize she was watching that!" :
Today I sat down at the piano for a couple of minutes, just to noodle around and unwind for a minute. Emilie very quietly came over nearby and was fiddling with something just out of view. Before I knew it, she had set up Kagen's music stand, opened some sheet music she found, grabbed a pencil, and was "directing the choir" behind me. I was now her accompanist.
I kept on playing the piano, just to see what she'd do.
Sure enough, after a minute or so, she started talking loudly over the music to the "choir," "Now get louder here!", "OK, let's stop right here and try that again at 24," "Take out your pencils and write this down, please!", and other common colloquialisms of my direct-atorial style with our church choir on Wednesday nights.
At one point I started to chuckle at her, and she just shot me a scathing look. "We need to finish this, Mom. Now can you start us at this spot?" (and she pointed out where I was to begin).
Ahem. Yes, ma'am.

Note to self: Be nicer to my accompanist.

No comments:

Post a Comment